This Privacy Notice sets out how The Money Changer, will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law 2022 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Indonesia.
DEFINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information refers to any information, which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify, contact or locate you.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Because of the nature of the business and financial transactions carried out by us, the Money Changer may collect personal information including but not limited to:
- Your contact information, such as your name, race, gender, address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es), national identification card details, passport details, occupation details, bank account information, salary range, source of funds and other relevant contact information;
- Contact information of other persons that are privy to your fund transfer (e.g. the beneficiary of your remittance order), such as the beneficiary’s name, address(es), telephone number(s), national identification card details, bank account information and other relevant contact information
- Information relating to your transaction history with us;
including but without limitation to Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Funding for the Proliferation of Mass Detruction Weapons No. 8 of 2010, Law No. 9 of 2013, and such other laws and regulations as may be applicable from time to time.
Where you provide us with the personal information of the beneficiary of your remittance order, you confirm that you have obtained the prior consent of your beneficiary(ies) to provide us with their personal information and to view or change their information.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Exchange currenciesover the counter
- Ask us for more information about a product or service (through the use of the serviceor other electronic communications);
- From the financial transaction(s) you make
- respond to a promotional offer, survey, prize draw or contest; and/or
- visit or browse our website or the websites of our affiliates, strategic partners or resellers.
Other than personal information obtained from you directly, the Money Changer may also obtain your personal information from third parties the Money Changer deal with or connected with you, for example from travel partners, communications service providers, financial institutions, credit reporting agencies and from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
The Money Changer may collect personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified above which is to be utilized for one or more of the following purpose:
- to process your orders andto keep you updated onthe statusof your order;
- to process your orders for products or services provided by third parties, as well as to keep you updated onthe statusof your order;
- for identification and verification purposes;
- to ensure the completion of your order;
- to provide you with customer support and services;
- to respond to any queries or complaints you may have about using our products or services;
- to keep you informed of our new products and services;
- to contact you with offers or promotions based on your usage of our products or services
- to carry out research and statistical analysis, and monitor customer usage of our products and services on an anonymised basis or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to be retained for use in your future transactions with us;
- to prevent and detect fraud, money laundering or any other crimes; and/or
- for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a part of providing you with our services and products and the management and/or operation of the same, the Money Changer may be required or need to disclose information about you the following third parties:
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, partners, service providers and/or professional advisers, and such parties as necessary to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested (including the financial institution acting on behalf of the beneficiary of your remittance order);
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are directly related to the purpose of collecting your personal information; and/or
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent;
- our prospective or new owners (if any) in which instance, the Money Changer would require them to adopt a policy of similar nature to protect your personal data and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Money Changer
- Any person, which is required by law, rule, regulation, court order and under any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities;
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Money Changer takes all reasonable precautions to ensure your personal information is protected against unauthorized or accidental loss, misuse, modification, disclosure or destruction. However, the Money Changer cannot guarantee or warrant the security of personal information you disclose or transmit online and cannot be responsible for alteration, interception or misuse of information transmitted via the internet.
The Money Changer may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest or benefit you, except where otherwise requested by you.
In certain instances, the Money Changer may disclose your relevant personal information to our strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us. The Money Changer take reasonable steps to make sure that our agreements with service providers include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. The Money Changer will abide by your latest written instructions to us.
WHAT IF PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IS INCOMPLETE?
Where indicated (for example in performing large exchange rate conversions), it is obligatory to provide morepersonal information to us to ensure we comply with applicable laws such as money laundering. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, the Money Changer may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services and/or products.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Money Changer can assist you to access and correct your personal data held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via our Data Access Request Form or Data Correction Request Form respectively. These forms are available at our branches
The Money Changer will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your duly completed Data Access Request Form/Data Correction Request Form and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that the Money Changer may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when the Money Changer is unable to confirm your identity or where information requested is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event the Money Changer receives repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, the Money Changer will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of the information that you provide to us may be required to be transferred outside of Indonesia for processing. Strict rules regarding the confidentiality and safety of your information are in place to safeguard it. The transfer of your information may be made to our databases in other countries, as well as to third parties, such as financial institutions outside of Indonesia. This transfer is required in order to process your fund transfers. It should be noted however, that not all of these countries outside Indonesia have an “adequate level of protection” for personal information. Therefore the Money Changer cannot guarantee that your data will be protected in accordance with Indonesia’s applicable laws but the Money Changer will nevertheless try to take every precaution in securing the safety of any of your personal information as outlined in this Privacy Notice.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT US ONLINE
If you choose to obtain information or do business with us online by visiting www.apsmonex.com, you may wish to know the following:
The Money Changer Website
When you visit the Website, the Money Changer collects standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns to ascertain the number of visitors to the various parts of the Website. Such information is not linked to you as an individual. We use such information to evaluate and improve the features, guest experience and functionality of our Website.
The Money Changer collects information about your use of the website from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of the website as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Further information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across the Website please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Links To Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to the Website and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from the Website. The Money Changer is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such websites as they may have privacy policies independent of the Money Changer. To determine how these third-party websites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check our website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices
In the event this Privacy Notice is translated into a language other than English, it is done solely for convenience purpose, with only the English language version of this Privacy Notice shall prevail.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours at the following contact points:
Attn: PT. Ariesanta Permana Sari
Telephone: (031) 461803
Address: Jl. Padma No.98, Penatih, Kec. Denpasar Timur, Kota Denpasar, Bali 80237.
A current version of this Privacy Notice is available on our website at www.apsmonex.com/privacy-policy .